Today was a funny day! Students in Level 6 were practising the superlative form of adjectives and How+adjective questions with a workgroup board game.
The players need one board and one set of cards for each group of three or four students; a fact file; counters and a dice for each group.
- Divide students into groups of three or four.
- Give each group a board, two fact files, a set of cards,
counters and a dice.
- They should place the cards face down in a
pile and place their counters on the pirate ship (START).
- Students should take it in turns to throw the
dice and move round the board. When they
land on a colour square, they should take a card
from the pile according to the colour on the square and answer a question. The others should check the answer.
- If the answer is not correct, the player misses a turn.
- The player who reaches the treasure first is the winner.
- Once everyone has finished, put each group together with another group and get them to report back on the answers to the questions.
There are some special squares: if the players land on the island, they will miss a turn. The treasure map wil let the players go foward two spaces. On the other hand, if they land on the ship wreck, they will have to go back two spaces. The worst square is the one with a skull… It is the unluckiest square. They should start again!
Click here to download the resources